Making use of the absolutely delicious asparagus we picked at Garsons Farm, I made Asparagus Soup for lunch today. I can’t describe how nice it was.. you just have to try it for yourself!
Best served with warm, crusty bread!
You will need:
Small knob of butter
1tbsp olive oil
450g asparagus (approx), finely sliced
2 shallots, roughly chopped
600ml vegetable stock
5tbsp double cream
- Heat the oil and butter in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the shallots and fry for four minutes until softened.
- Add the asparagus and fry for a further two minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 7 to 10 minutes until the asparagus is cooked.
- Remove from the heat. Roughly blend using a hand blender. Add the double cream and season to taste. Blend until smooth.